Sunday, February 20, 2011

Last prac....

Started my last prac, or internship this week, back in the same class as for my prac in August 2010.  Truly in the downhill run now, with just the one course to complete for my Grad Dip!  

Monday was mainly observation and just getting to know the kids again, with a little bit of small group teaching in numeracy. 

Tuesday we went on an excursion to the 'Children's Technology Workshop' where the kids built bridges reinforcing what they'd done in Science recently on forces.  So nice gentle introduction back into school life. 

From Wednesday I taught numeracy, and will be teaching this every day, and Science, which although only twice a week I am responsible for the new topic 'Seeing Things'. In their Topic (History / Geography) slot at the moment the class is working on their presentation for their assembly.  Each class is responsible for one assembly a year and ours in on my last day of prac.  Being Year 6, they are expected to work quite independently on this, and ask for specific assistance with props, costumes or scripting. 

It's been nice being back in the class, and I am amazed that the kids have grown so much since the beginning of the school year back in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment