Tuesday, June 28, 2011

School's out!

I made it through five months of full time teaching to be ready to enjoy the long summer stretching ahead! I started immediately after the Chinese New Year holiday with my internship as my last practical hurdle for my Grad Dip, and rolled straight into the maternity cover position (in the same class) towards the end of March.

During this time, I have developed my own behaviour management techniques, practised planning individual lessons and units, delivered some real winners in class, and had some lessons fall flat on their face.  I have put it all down to learning for me!

I don't have a permanent job, or my own class after summer, but I will continue to offer my services as a supply teacher both at my school and at my husband and kids' school. I hope that in the next 12 months I am lucky enough to get a broad range of experience across different year levels and teaching different subjects.

I think this will be a good career choice in the end, just need my own kids to get a bit older so that I can go to school every day too!  Not that I want to rush them growing up!!

Now to enjoy that summer holiday...

No comments:

Post a Comment